Date: 2016.08.15 Version: 1.00
Iran vACC is the reference and meeting place for Iran Air Traffic Controllers and Pilots on the VATSIM network. From here on the vACC is abbreviated as VATIR (VATsim of IRan).
VATIR shall strive to provide regular, high quality ATC in Iran on the VATSIM network and also be in the frontline of making flight simulation "as real as it gets" without compromising the VATSIM fun factor and the learning environment though. Furthermore, VATIR promotes aeronautical culture for aviation enthusiasts, encouraging them to learn and enjoy flying and air traffic controlling, with the best possible learning material.
2. RELATIONS, RESPONSIBILITY AND OWNERSHIP
VATIR is a non-monetary organization with no financial income. Membership is free.
VATIR is operated jointly by its active ATC controllers, under the operational responsibility of the VATIR Directors.
VATIR is part of the VATSIM network (www.vatsim.net) and is responsible for the whole Iran Airspace, described below. VATIR organized under VATME Division of [Africa / Middle East] Region. The regulations of both govern VATIRs operation. Most importantly the VATSIM Code of Regulations (CoR) and Code of Conduct (CoC) are to be adhered at all times. All material (documents, images and programs) produced specifically for VATIR, become ownership of VATSIM unless specifically noted at the time the material is made available subject to Regional Director approval.
2.1 Iran AIRSPACE
National airspace of Iran is known as Tehran FIR (Flight Information Regions).
It is a VATIRs responsibility and duty to establish adequate ATC positions in the aforesaid Iran Airspace (Tehran FIR), by using the official callsigns available in the VATSIM network (except FSS). The official ATC positions and controllers of the Iran Airspace shall be always available on VATIR website, with their respective working frequency.
3.1 APPLICATION AND REFUSAL
Any person who agrees with the objectives and rules of VATIR and its parent organizations may apply for membership and become a member of VATIR. The applicant must have a valid VATSIM ID, valid name and surname and a valid e-mail address. The member is also responsible for keeping his/her e-mail address up-to-date. An updated list of members will be kept on the VATIR website. Membership of VATIR is a privilege and not a right. The staff of VATIR reserves the right to refuse an application if the attitude of the applicant is considered not compatible with VATSIM Regulations.
3.2 MEMBERSHIP ORGANIZATION
Members of VATIR are divided to Air Traffic Controllers (ATC) and Pilots.
3.2.1 AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS (ATC)
VATIR follows the Global Ratings Policy (GRP) with regards to air traffic controllers competency standards. ATC of VATIR are divided into Home ATC controllers and Visiting ATC controllers.
Home ATC controllers must ensure to be correctly assigned to [Africa/Middle East - Middle East (VATME)] in the VATSIM certificate system. They can either be:
Active Controllers: Active ATC controllers have provided at least 6 hours of active ATC (non observing) during the previous 3 calendar months, as documented through the VATSIM statistics. Active ATC controller Roster eligible to mane position are listed in Controllers Roster in VATIR website.
Inactive Controllers: ATC controllers not meeting the aforesaid requirement are considered Inactive ATC controllers. Inactive ATC controllers may not man ATC positions, and must contact the ATC Department before returning to Active ATC status by filing a ticket in http://office.vatir.ir, and choose "Inactive controller" topic in order to coordinate for training.
Visiting Controllers: a member of another vACC who wishes to control in Iran Airspace may receive the Visiting ATC status following VATIR Regulations on Visiting Controllers.
In order to be a Visiting ATC member of VATIR, one has to:
- file a Ticket request to VATIR Training Department in http://office.vatir.ir by filling all the sections including "visiting controller" topic and to mention his/her local vACC.
- follow the instructions from VATIR Training Department, including those for the execution of a competency check based on GRP competencies to evaluate his/her knowledge of the Iran airspace.
- get the approval from VATIR ATC Department, that will also state which ATC positions he/she may staff.
- ensure that his/her details appear on the VATIR ATC roster and are always up-to-date.
In order to be VATIR Pilot, one shall ensure they are correctly assigned to [Africa/Middle East - Middle East (VATME)] in the VATSIM certificate system.
He/She can therefore be an:
- Active Pilot: Active Pilots must have logged at least 10 distinct IFR (or VFR with flight-plan) flights involving the Iran airspace in the last 6 months.
- Inactive Pilot: pilot not meeting the active pilot requirements.
On the VATSIM network, on the VATIR official website, and when presenting himself/herself as a member of VATIR within the Flight Simulation community on the Internet, members are...
3.3.1 ... REQUIRED TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING RULES
- Abide by the regulations of the parent organizations of VATIR namely VATSIM.net [Africa/Middle East - Middle East (VATME)].
- Forbear discussing of racial, religious, political, sexual and other sensitive matters.
- Treat each other with mutual respect. Don't threat, harass or belittle other members. There should be no finger pointing.
- Forbear soapboxing and conversely accept advice from more experienced peers.
- Follow instructions regarding manning of ATC-positions within VATIR airspace.
- Abide by the decisions made, as they have been made in good faith to comply with the purposes as stated above.
- File any complaint to the staff, do not voice grievances publicly.
- Follow debates and information provided in the VATIR website.
3.3.2 ... ENTITLED TO
- Receive a fair and justice treatment.
- Give ATC-service within VATIR airspace per GRP standards after being approved by one of VATIR examiners.
- Receive advice and training in ATC procedures upon request, as soon as feasible, according to Training Department commitments and priorities.
- Obtain ATC rating upgrade once considered qualified and as soon as practically feasible.
- Propose suggestions for changes: these should be addressed to the directors or another competent staff member via ticket system, and labelled "feedback".
- Vote on issues concerning VATIR if meeting the requirements listed below.
3.4.1 TEMPORARY vACC DISCIPLINARY ACTION
The board has the right to suspend, until further notice, the vACC membership of any member of VATIR if he/she has violated the rules of VATIR or formal instructions from the staff.
The board has to inform the member about the reasons for and duration of this suspension.
During suspension time the member may not:
- vote on issues concerning VATIR.
- have access to the VATIR websites.
3.4.2 VATSIM DISCIPLINARY ACTION
Any disciplinary action against a member will be only processed via the Division Conflict Resolution Manager (DCRM), a system in existence in the VATSIM Middle East Division. In such cases DCRM, or initially a Supervisor (SUP), will be involved with A) real time or B) post factum report by any VATSIM Supervisor and appropriate action will be taken. The Supervisor handling the case can be anyone regardless of Iranian nationality. Should translation to English be required, VATIR shall notify the Division Director upon being informed of the SUP or DCRM action.
A member may receive temporary vACC Disciplinary Action per article (3.4.1) above or even termination of vACC membership as per article (3.5) based on VATSIM Disciplinary Action.
No disciplinary action may be taken locally though (outside VATSIM CR process) which involves access to the VATSIM network (connecting on-line with Radar or Pilot client software). This is something dealt only by central VATSIM CR procedures. A CR process can be initiated by vACC though at any misconduct not in agreement with CoR & CoC even off network but inside the vACC communications means (ticket, email exchanges with staff etc.).
3.5 TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Upon termination of the membership of the vACC, the member is removed from the list of members and immediately looses all privileges within VATIR. The board may keep a record about a member past Disciplinary Action from central VATSIM CR. VATIR has no obligation as to retain or remove traces (documents, tickets etc.) from member's part activities within the vACC. After termination, the member looses all rights within the area of responsibility of VATIR.
3.5.1 TERMINATION BY THE MEMBER
Any member may terminate his or her membership at any time by filing a ticket with "Membership issue" topic for this task.
3.5.2 TERMINATION BY THE BOARD OF VATIR
4. VATIR STAFF
The daily business of VATIR is handled by the staff. The staff shall - within the frames of the constitution - work for the members of VATIR and defend their interests.
Each staff member is required to:
- Ensure that all members follow the rules of this constitution, including the staff itself.
- Fulfill the assignments on a continuous basis.
- Plan and lead the works within his/her own assignments in VATIR.
- Respond to external communications and questions from members regarding his/her assignments within one week.
- Listen to the members of VATIR and take up suggestions and questions put forward from the members.
- Maintain an ordered record of external communications, agreements and documents, ready to be handed over to a successor.
- Temporarily hand over responsibility during vacation periods to another staff member.
- Hand over external communication, agreements and documents to the successor or to the Director in case of leaving his/her staff position.
- Resign with at least one month notice by letter to the nearest senior staff member.
4.4 TASKS DESCRIPTION
4.4.1 DIRECTORSHIP DEPARTMENT
The work in VATIR is lead by the director. The director represents the organization towards its parent and other organizations. The director have the overall responsibility for all subordinated areas and the main responsibility for all areas not covered by any other staff position. It is then a director's responsibility to ensure that other staff positions are adequately manned, and to preserve mutual communications between VATIR and its parent organizations about any subject which may concern one another.
The Deputy Director assists the Director of the VATIR and is authorized to exercise the powers of the VATIR Director when the Director's position is vacant or in the Director's absence or disability.
4.4.2 ATC DEPARTMENT
The ATC Department has overall responsibility for the Training, Mentoring, and other ATC issues.
The ATC Department is thus responsible for:
- Providing VATIR ATC controllers training in ATC procedures upon request, as soon as feasible according to previous commitments and priorities of the Department;
- Issuing of upgrade proposals (recommendations) to VATME Training Department;
- Reporting relevant Training/Upgrading issues to the VATIR staff and VATME Training Department;
- ATC manuals, documentations and procedures regarding training that are made available on the VATIR website;
- Compliance with GRP of all the material published on VATIR website and the procedures implemented within the vACC (like expected ATC Competency Standards per rating etc.);
- Recruitment of new mentors and termination of the inactive ones;
- Providing evaluation of available controllers for staffing ATC positions during official VATIR events.
4.4.3 MEMBERSHIP DEPARTMENT
- Is the main responsible for the everyday maintenance to the VATIR members database.
- Informs of the reasons of a refusal/termination both on VATIR website and to VATME as already explained.
- Keeps a record of VATIR and VATSIM suspensions and other disciplinary actions underwent by VATIR members.
- Is the head website moderator of all VATIR website sections not already explicitly assigned to different moderators.
- For transferring/visiting controllers from other Region/Division/vACC,
- Coordinates with VATME membership any issues in regards to the VATSIM
- Executive Committee Transfer & Visiting Controller Policy (TVCP).
4.4.4 EVENT DEPARTMENT
- Organizes and publishes events in coordination with foreign ECs.
- Publishes notices about events on the VATIR Website.
- Coordinate with other staffs about starting the advertising of an event, and aids them in advertising it upon their approval.
4.4.4 IT DEPARTMENT
Is responsible for:
- All network tasks
- Website issues and design
- Database management
4.4.5 STAFF DISMISSAL
Staff members may not be dismissed unless they have violated any part of the VATIR constitution, namely the rules of VATIR or in case of incompliance with staff duties (4.1) or task assignments (4.4.*). Discussions should be held with the affected staff member and efforts be made to avoid dismissal. The dismissal must be discussed with all and approved by at least three of the executive staff before it can be executed.
Deputies and Assistants can also be dismissed if their tasks have been fulfilled, or there is no longer a need for the assistance. Dismissal is executed by the executive staff member responsible for that deputy/assistant, upon explicit approval of the director and tacit approval of the rest of the executive staff.
4.4.6 VACANT DIRECTOR CHAIR
If, for whatever reason, the director chair is empty, deputy director immediately takes the chair until a qualified director is elected by the staff members and approved by VATME director.